Wax melts and tarts are basically scented wax (candles) without a wick and all you do is melt them in an oil burner or wax warmer. DO NOT add water. As the melts heat the fragrance is released and fills the room (or whole house) with aroma.
Our melts last hours & hours, sometimes days and unlike a candle the wax does not evaporate.
Once you can no longer smell the fragrance, you can discard it into a bin and start a new scent. Do not pour down a drain.
If you wish to change your scent before the melt has stopped creating aroma you can save the wax for another day. Simply wait for the wax to set then place the dish into a freezer. After about 15 minutes the melt will be set hard and it will be very easy to remove in one whole piece.
Difference between Soy & Paraffin Wax
1. Soy wax is a natural substance made from vegetable oil (soybeans). Paraffin is made from petroleum oil. As a result Soy wax does not increase CO2 levels in the atmosphere unlike Paraffin wax.
2. It is easier to remove from surfaces (clean), just use soap & water.
3. Soy wax burns 50% longer than paraffin wax.
4. Soy wax burns cleaner and does not produce much black soot. If you burn a lot of wax products you may notice that soot will discolour your walls & soft furnishings. Paraffin wax releases a petro-carbon soot that stains.
5. The scent from soy wax is stronger and more pleasant due to the lower melting point of the wax. They also have a cleaner scent and throws better. Many notice that paraffin wax gives them headaches.