Scented Candles, Wax Melts and Tarts Safety and Care
CANDLE / MELTS SAFETY
Please follow these safety rules below to ensure safe and trouble free scented wax use.
- Always burn candles or use wax warmers on a heat resistant surface.
- Always burn candles or use wax warmers within sight and never leave unattended.
- Never burn candles or use wax warmers within the reach of children or where pets can come close to the candle.
- Use only in well ventilated low heat oil burners without a lid.
- NEVER add any water or other liquid.
- Never heat on a stove or electrical appliance where temperatures would exceed 190 degrees F.
- Melt enough of the product to have 1/2 inch wax in the pot.
- NOT SUITABLE FOR CONSUMPTION
- The body of wax warmers will become hot during use. Never touch a burning warmer.
- Be especially careful with night lights and tea lights, which get hot enough to melt plastic.
- TVs are not fire-resistant objects.
- Keep your candles away from flammable surfaces. Don’t put candles near curtains, fabrics, furniture or near anything flammable.
- Keep all candles away from draughts. Draughts can cause the flame to spark and may ignite nearby objects.
- Don’t put candles under shelves. It’s easy to forget that there’s a lot of heat above a burning candle. If you put your candle under a shelf or other surface then it can burn the surface above. Make sure there’s at least three feet (one meter) between a candle and any surface above it.
- Keep clothes and hair safely away. If there’s any chance you could lean across a candle and forget it’s there, put it somewhere else. You don’t want to set fire to your clothes or your hair.
- Keep candles apart. Leave at least four inches (10cm) between two burning candles.
- Never move candles when they’re burning. Extinguish candles and leave to cool completely before moving them.
- Keep candles or wax warmers clean. Don’t let anything fall into the hot wax like match sticks or wick trimmings.
- Never go to sleep with a candle still burning. And never leave a burning candle or oil burner in a child’s bedroom.
- Use a snuffer or a spoon to put them out. It’s safer than blowing them out, which can send sparks and hot wax flying.
- Double-check candles are extinguished. Candles that have been put out can go on smouldering and start a fire. Make sure they’re completely out.